12.05.2012

Crafting for Design Sponge: Bleach-Dot Clutch

MerMagBleachDottedClutchForDesignSponge1
When Kate Pruitt, of Design Sponge, asked me if I wanted to contribute a few DIY crafts for us older "kids", just in time for the holidays, I jumped at the chance. You know that I'm completely enamoured with kids crafting but I welcomed the chance to kick up the sophistication a notch.

This week I will be sharing with you how to create your very own Bleach Dotted Clutch. This would seriously make the most perfect gift and trust me, it's very easy to make.

MerMagBleachDottedClutchForDesignSponge2
Hop on over the Design Sponge for the full DIY. But be careful, you just might fall in love with this so much, you'll want to keep it for yourself!


(and OK, since I just can't help myself, you could do this with the Littles too - particularly the 8 and up crowd. Just supervise the bleaching part. Otherwise it's seriously a great "learn how to sew" project! Perfect little pencil pouch.).

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love this design, however I have a few cautions to make over the process outlined here. It might be helpful to take a look at Dharma Trading Co's advice for discharging dye: http://www.dharmatrading.com/info/ddp.html

    Also, considering the known hazards of breathing bleach fumes--especially for kids, at the very least anyone using your method should do it outdoors.

    Sorry to sound like a grump about this craft, but after years in costuming and textiles, I've learned to approach using bleach with caution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tip Jen. I'll definitley look into this.

      xo
      mer

      Delete
  2. You know I just saw that on Design Sponge. Congrats on the opportunity for stretching your horizons a bit. I think it's such a lovely DIY gift and craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for another great tute......I can't wait to bleach dot EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete